It’s been a while that I’ve been able to get some pictures together for my progress on this piece, but I have made progress and it’s finally here for you to see:
For paint I’m working with a couple different kinds of paint including Apple Barrel paints, and Liquitex BASICS Acrylics. I usually start out with my lighter base color and work up to my darker shades to add my details. I go back and add highlights last as you see here.
I originally planned to make the banners above and below a different shade of aged brown, but the original file I’m working from has them yellow. In this particular case I’m going to keep them as this since in dealing with heraldry pieces, colors are very specific and carry particular meanings. Thus I’m going to match the my palette to the original as much as possible.
At this point I still have a good bit of clean up and laying of color to go, but it’s looking good so far.
I’ve got more pictures to follow once I get them downloaded.
All images: © Aundria Martinez.